Fiona Thomas, founder at lifeslittlerecipes.co.uk and creator of Unimole, discusses how Unimole is helping her to expand her technological horizons:
Are you tech savvy?
I’m really not a ‘techy’ person, which is ironic because, at the end of the day, I run an online business. That said, my relative lack of computer skills doesn’t worry me.
I believe in playing to your strengths and letting others play to theirs. So, I surround myself with people who have expertise in the fields where I need the most support.
That’s why, despite my personal lack of tech know-how, we’re getting very excited about E-cards here at Life’s Little Recipes. In fact, you might say that Unimole is leading an E-card revolution. Don’t worry if (like me a year ago) you’ve no idea what an E-card is, here’s my jargon-free guide.
What is an E-card anyway?
- E-cards, like traditional greetings cards, are something you send to others in order to mark special occasions like birthdays & Christmas or simply to remind them that they’re in your thoughts.
- Unlike traditional greetings cards there are no stamps, envelopes or pens involved. All of the creation and delivery of the E-card is done using computers and the internet.
- It only takes a few moments to fill in and send an E-card, which when you’re up against it timewise at Christmas time is such a help! I don’t know about you, but (with conventional cards) I often spend hours writing out addresses on envelopes!
- Don’t worry, lightening the load in your postie’s bag doesn’t mean that you have to give up the creativity you’d associate with sending a traditional greetings card – far from it.
- E-cards can be personalised in many different ways, making them as creative as you’d wish.
- Life’s Little Recipes’ range of E-cards is something rather wonderful. They’re eye-catching musical animations, starring the one and only Unimole, that incorporate unique messages from you (the sender) to your chosen recipient.
- When the recipient opens their email and watches the E-card, a riot of colour and fun fills their computer screen. It’s a personalised treat they can save and watch as many times as they like.
- Yes, traditional greetings cards have their charm, but they fill up the recycling bin once the occasion is over. Whereas E-cards are a unique experience the recipient will treasure and take up no physical space at all!
So, that’s what an E-card is.
When I first discovered that E-cards were a ‘thing’, I was captivated by this totally new way of sharing moments with those we love; no matter where on the planet they happen to be. Suddenly, instead of waiting 10 days or more to send a greetings card to the other side of the world, E-cards can be there within a day!
Here at Life’s Little Recipes, we’re thrilled to be part of the E-card revolution. Alongside the amazing animation team at Pushed, we’re creating an ever-growing library of personalizable E-cards, starring the one and only Unimole. I know I’m probably biased, but I think they’re amazing. Back when I first created Unimole, I had no clue about the adventures she’d take me on. I certainly had no idea that together we’d be pushing the frontiers of how we, as a society, mark special moments with those we love. I know that Unimole is excited by what we’re doing together too!
I’ll never cease to feel so thrilled by the way our E-cards create memorable moments, sentimental experiences that allow people to recognise each other and connect, no matter how far apart they are. Our E-cards really can brighten someone’s day!
So that’s E-cards, they’re ridiculously easy to create, just go to lifeslittlerecipes.co.uk and have a go. Remember, as I said before, I have no tech know-how and I found sending our E-cards an absolute doddle. Not only that, if you switch to E-cards, you’ll never worry about running out of stamps again.
Fiona Thomas, founder of Life’s Little Recipes and creator of Unimole.
P.S. Remember, if you have any difficulties in ordering your E-card, the Life’s Little Recipes team is always there to help!